Welcome to KendallWatch!
The Mission of KendallWatch is to promote a clean, safe and strong community and to bring factual information to residents regarding topics or events that impact our area. KendallWatch is a not for profit Community Action Organization and Block Watch.
There was a phone threat incident at Kendall Elementary School recently. The school was never in danger, but went on lockdown as a precaution.
I have created a twitter account and people can follow me @WCSO193
It will be an easy way for me to communicate immediately with the community and disseminate accurate information.
Unfortunately rumors have already been greatly exaggerated.
Further contact information can be found under Important Numbers.
We all know how important it is to dispose of our garbage or unwanted items responsibly to ensure that we do not contaminate the water that we drink.
For a limited time in May, the Cedarville Road Disposal and Recycling Facility will be accepting unwanted tires for free.
Households can recycle up to 15 auto or small truck tires for free (with or without rims).
Bring proof of Whatcom County residency.
Dates: Saturday, May 2nd, 9th and 16th only.
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Where: Cedarville Transfer Station - Cedarville Road (off Mt. Baker Hwy)
Restrictions: NO after hour drop-offs ...
New link added
Please go to Web Links and click on Community for further information.
The main jail was originally built to hold 148 offenders. With some limited remodeling, the operational capacity of the main jail should be 212.
The absolute capacity of the Work Center is 150 beds. Approximately 70 beds are reserved for full custody, lower security offenders; the balance are used by work crew and work release offenders. Due to security and classification issues, offenders who are full custody must remain separate from offenders who are in and out of the facility.
For Monday, April 6th, 2015
There are a total of 381 offenders under supervision
- 244 are housed in the main ...
Who Will I Reach?
- You need to know that wireless phone service may not be available in the wilderness.
- If service is available, your 9-1-1 call for help will be picked up by the nearest cellular tower in the most direct line of sight to your location. It could be picked up at a county 9-1-1 center, by State Patrol dispatch, or even by the Canadian authorities. Since these call answering centers are all located outside the boundaries of the calling area, they would have no way of knowing from where you are calling unless you tell them.
- Be prepared ...
Here are some signs of long term drug use:
- Falling grades and lack of investment or interest in previously enjoyed activities.
- Different circle of friends
- Abundant, unfocused energy
- Verbal and physical violent rages
- Weight loss and tooth decay
- Inability to sleep: dark circles around the eyes
- Depression and apathy
- Irritability and aggression
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Skin ulcerations and infections
- Unusual "chemical" smell on clothes and body
The following information is for all areas and especially to those who live in rural areas with outside mail boxes and where parcels are left on front steps or porches. Make arrangements for a friend to retrieve your parcel upon delivery if you are going out from your residence for a few hours. Take precautions.