Welcome to KendallWatch!
The Mission of KendallWatch is to promote a clean, safe and strong community and to bring factual information to residents regarding topics or events that impact our area. KendallWatch is a not for profit Community Action Organization and Block Watch.
The topic of Sex Offender registration continually arises during community meetings. Recently several questions were asked about the legal requirements regarding registered sex offenders.
All county Sheriffs have a responsibility. The Revised Code of Washington (RCW) states:
The county sheriff with whom an offender classified as risk level III is registered shall cause to be published by legal notice, advertising, or news release a sex offender community notification that conforms to the guidelines established under RCW 4.24.5501 in at least one legal newspaper with general circulation in the area of the sex offender's registered address or location ...
For local news regarding crime, computer problems and a page with a somewhat lighter tone please visit our Face Book Page at: www.facebook.com/kendallblockwatch
Please LIKE us .. if you do!
The website will be going through some updates and have a new look within the next couple of weeks .. so please check back.
Meeting information is posted.
Thank you for your support!
*Small changes can protect your investment.
The Costs are huge
*When drug criminals operate out of rental property, owners pay a high price:
- Loss or rent
- Civil penalties
- Damaged property
- Decline in property values
- Dangerous, threatening tenants
- Resentful and angry neighbors
- Loss of valued tenants
Over half of the residential drug labs are found on rental property.
Property owners are responsible for decontamination costs.
Decontamination costs average $6,500 for a 1200 square foot home.
Please take the time to watch this informative educational video clip.
From a militiary friend:
When I was stationed in Charleston Navy base at the Fire Fighting Training school we would demonstrate this with a deep fat fryer set on the fire field. The instructor would don a fire suit and using an 8 oz cup at the end of a 10 foot pole toss water onto the grease fire.
The results got the attention of the students. The water, being heavier than the oil, sinks to the bottom where it instantly becomes superheated. The explosive force of the steam ...
Answer: A few seconds more than it takes to destroy someone's life.
WHY SHOULD YOU SECURE YOUR LOAD?
IT SAVES LIVES: Across North America, road litter, either dumped on purpose by motorists or accidental fall-outs from unsecured loads, causes 25,000 accidents every year, nearly 100 of them fatal. Road litter poses a serious hazard here in Washington too. On average, there are 350 accidents involving road debris on state highways each year. Source: The Washington State Deparment of Transportation.
IT IS THE LAW: No vehicle shall be driven or moved on any public highway unless such vehicle is ...
Make sure your family is safe:
As temperatures go up, so do windows in many homes. Opening windows in your home to enjoy the warmer temperatures may seem harmless, but open windows have proven to be sources of injury and death for young children.
According to CPSC data falls from windows result in an average of about eight deaths yearly to children five years or younger, while ...
Here are some signs of long term drug use:
- Falling grades and lack of investment or interest in previously enjoyed activities.
- Different circle of friends
- Abundant, unfocused energy
- Verbal and physical violent rages
- Weight loss and tooth decay
- Inability to sleep: dark circles around the eyes
- Depression and apathy
- Irritability and aggression
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Skin ulcerations and infections
- Unusual "chemical" smell on clothes and body
Here are some subtle signs to look for that may indicate drug use:
- Grades that have gone UP!
- Endless energy and ability to exist on minimal sleep for a number of days followed by "crashing" that requires long periods of sleep.
- Self applied pressure for absolute perfection
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Erratic mood swings and overreaction to normal stimulus
- Restlessness and irritability
- Panic attacks
- Excessive perspiration
- Blood shot eyes, flushed face and dilated pupils
- Secretive behaviour and activities and increased telephone calls